Level 2 Web Developer
Level 2 Web Developer
This job is based in our Meridian, Idaho office.
The Level 2 Web Developer reports directly to the Software Development Director.
Develop and implement websites, web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces. Evaluate code to ensure that it is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers and devices. Optimize website performance, scalability, and server-side code and processes. May develop website infrastructure and integrate websites with other computer applications.
As the newest Level 2 Web Developer on our team, your day will likely include:
- Ability to communicate and document website requirements from clients
- Experience working from wireframes built on Adobe XD or similar type application is a plus
- Website UI/UX Experience is a plus
- Strong general-purpose coding skills are a must
- Expectation is to meet or exceed all design standards (we value clean modern design).
- Experience with Adobe Creative products
- Experience building custom plugins to connect WordPress & WooCommerce with third-party apps using existing APIs
- Building custom theme and plugin functionality
- BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Three(3)+ years of prior experience in modern web app development
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason
- Understanding of ORMs, SQL, and the creation of relational databases and optimized queries
- Ability to write secure code and understand website vulnerabilities
- A genuine interest in web standards, writing elegant, readable, maintainable HTML and CSS
- Design - Produces creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Demonstrates attention to detail
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
A stand out candidate will have:
- Experience with Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace
- Experience with hosting configuration and site transfers
- Outside of the box thinking-knowing when to reinvent the wheel (and when not to reinvent)